Sally Evans- Embracing Creativity
New Life for Old Jewelry
This photo is of a plain bathroom fixture I bought and dressed up with some old costume jewelry beads.
"I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry." --- Rita Rudner
a jewelry artist, now I primarily wear
only the jewelry I make.
it can be hard to part with jewelry we have and no longer wear. Here are some ideas of what to do with it.
- Use the beads with some wire to dress up a light
- Take a pretty pin that you never wear (or wear
all the time!)and decorate a pillow on your bed.
- Frame it and use it as wall art.
- Use a lone earring to pin a vest closed.
- Hot glue old earrings or pins or parts of a
necklace to a lampshade or frame.
- Fill a beautiful teacup or clear vase with
jewelry you no longer wear but it's too sentimental to give up.
- Take apart an old necklace and use the beads to
make a new updated piece that reflects your current style.
- Use to decorate a top of a package.
- Hot glue onto napkin rings for a mix and match
conversationpiece at the table.
- Give it to someone who will enjoy it.